Administrative charge for issuing senior citizen’s card has been given to Dignity Foundation and FESCOM – two NGOs who took the initiative to work for the issue of senior citizen’s cards. Ordinary inquires are on Monday to Friday 10.30 am to 1 pm only, on 022-61381100 and at the contact numbers listed below.
To obtain your senior citizen’s card:
Submit the following *attested* documents (2 copies) at any one of the authorized centres mentioned below:
- Fill out Rs 50 form in triplicate
- Any one address proof (Ration card; Valid passport; Election card; Electricity bill or Telephone bill). The applicant should be resident of Maharashtra.
- Any one age proof (Valid passport; PAN card; School leaving certificate or Age proof certificate from a Government Hospital)
- Any one Birth proof (have to above 60 years old)
- In case of name change for women, submit marriage certificate
- 3 stamp size photographs (Attach two photographs on the white form and one on the pink form)
- Letter from doctor showing ailments if any, medication in use/ allergic to.
- Report from pathologist showing blood group.
- Original documents should be brought for verification.
- It will take approximately 60 days to 90 days from the day of submission of application for getting your ID.
- ONE CAN ALSO OBTAIN THE SENIOR CITIZEN’S CARD FROM THE COLLECTOR’S OFFICE.
Benefits of having a senior citizen’s card:
- Railway concession – 30% (60 years) and separate counters for booking.
- Maharashtra state transport concession- 50% (65 years) and travel in front row seat.
- Air travel concession – 50% on basic fare only (65 years).
- Some private hospitals discount – 30% (60 years).
- Government Hospitals treatment free of cost – (60 years).
- Banks give extra interest – 1/2% (60 years).
- Post office investment upto Rs.15 lakh gives higher interest (60 years).
- High court will give priority in hearing – (65 years).
- Maharashtra professional tax – 100% exemption (65 years).
- MTNL – 25% discount on monthly rent – (65 years).
- Local trains/ best buses have reserved sitting.
- Income tax relief. Also, senior citizens must get their refunds within 90 days of filing the returns.
- Priority for giving ration (60 years) and also at a lower price
- NGO’s get financial assistance upto 90% of the project cost for building an old-age home.
- Monthly pension to senior citizens by the state government.
Authorized centres in Mumbai:
|DIGNITY FOUNDATION, Opposite Lamington Road police station
||Mr. Latif Shaikh
|Association for Senior Citizens, MIG Colony, Adarsh Nagar, Worli
||Mr. Vijay Kapoor
||9833049549/ 24225234/ 32970063
|Ashirwad Charitable Trust, Abhyuday Nagar, Kalachowki
||Mr. Umesh Yewale
|St. Paul Church, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Dadar (E)
||Mrs. Alka Bandekar/ Swati
|Jeevan Jyot, Opp. Wadala Telephone Exchange, Dadar (E)
||Mr. HK Savla
||9869064000/ 24125848/ 24153453
|MATUNGA GUJARATI SEVA MANDAL, Telang Road, Matunga CR
||Mr Gangjibhai Dedhia
||9833498128/ 24023872/ 24099104
|Brahman Seva Mandal, Bhawani Shankar Road, Dadar (W)
||Mr. Anand Ukidwe
|St. Michaels Church, Mahim (W)
||Mr. Vinod Naronha
Authorized centres in western suburbs of Mumbai:
|Billawar Association, Anand Nagar, Santacruz (E)
||Mr. Ramdas Mutty
||9820023556/ 26101569/ 26176404
|Cosmopolitan/ Barfiwala School, Near Versova Police Stn, DN Nagar, Andheri (W)
|V Care Clinic, Vikram Petrol Pump, Juhu Versova Link Rd, Andheri (W)
||Mrs. Jasmin D’souza
|Unnat Nagar Mahila Mandal, Near Filmstan Studio, SV Road, Goregaon (W)
||Mrs. Manorama Mithel
|Our Lady Of Remedy Church, Poinsur, Kandivali (W)
||Mrs. Sushila Palicha
|Shree Krusangali Akurlimata Mandir, Akurli Road, Kandivali (E)
|Shree Vardhman Jain Seva Kendra, Near Damodar Wadi, Kandivali (E)
|Mt Poisur Church, IC Church, Borivali (W)
||Mr. Joseph Fernandes
|Rotary Club of Mumbai of Borivali (E), Behind Saibaba Mandir, Dahisar (E)
|Shreema Buddhi Sagarsuri Medical Centre, C-14, Sector-3, Shanti Nagar, Mira Road (E)
||Dr. Rajesh Chouhan
||28104841/ 9821596434/ 8097199993
|A303 Virar Kukul CHS, Vartak College Rd., Virar W
||Mr Vijay Trivedi
|Rajaram Apt., Bandarwadi, Navghar Road, Bhayandar (E)
||Mr. Deepak Naik
|Samaj Unnati Mandal, Opp. Manickpur Petrol pump, Vasai Rd (W)
||Dr. S S Pandit/ Mr A Rajamanicaam
||95250 2349076/ 9326085508
Authorized centres in eastern suburbs of Mumbai:
|ADAPT National Job Centre, Behind St. Gregorios High School, Chembur (E)
||Mr. Joaquim D’souza
|Shri Ghatkopar Brahman Samaj Chowk, MG Road, Ghatkopar (E)
||Mr. Kishore Pandya
|Dignity Lion ID Card Centre, Amrut Nagar, Ghatkopar (W)
||Mr. AB Nair
|Swami Shanti Prakash Seva Kendra, Opp. Mulund Darshan Society
|Pensioner’s & Senior Citizen’s Welfare Association, Opp Sahayog Mandir, Ghantali, Naupada, Thane W
||Mr Prabhakar Taware
|Saibaba Temple, 233, Pratiksha Apt, , Kansai Section, Ambarnath East, Thane
||Mr Virendra Gujar
||95251 3240280/ 9371161700
|B/505, Jagruti Apt., Above Thane Janata Coop Bank, Kalwa Naka, Thane (W)
|Manav Adhikar Adhimiyam, A/8, Madhusadan Soc., Kopar X Road, Shastri Nagar, Near Vashi Bus Stop, Dombivali (W)
||Mr. Sachin Bhatevra
|Rotary Club Of Ulhasnagar (E), Opp. Central Govt Hospital, Ulhasnagar
||Mr Basant H Otwani
Authorized centres in Navi Mumbai:
|Oneness University, 21 Jai Jawan CHS, Sector 17 Vashi, Navi Mumbai
||Mr L G Khatri
|Saishraddha Estate Consultant, Sector 19, Plot 64, Shop 3, Opp Agrawal Corner Nerul East
|Shop 3, Gandharv CHS, Plot 38, Sector 40, Seawood, Nerul (W)
||Mr. Bipin Makwana