Aadhaar card or UID (Universal Identification) card is being used as a standard Identification card all over the country, by a lot of government agencies.
What to submit?
*Attested* true copy of any ONE Address and Photo proof like Passport/ PAN card/ Ration card/ Election card/ driver’s license/ bank or LIC or credit card or post office statement/ utility bills like water/ electricity/ MTNL.
To make correction to your Aadhaar card, please download the correction form and submit online or at a permanent centre.
Where to get the Aadhaar card?
Please click here for the locations enrolling citizens for Aadhaar cards. Please select Mumbai (Urban).
After collecting forms from 10 am to 11:30 am (all days), an appointment is given. Each citizen must then personally appear for photograph, iris scan and finger prints between 10 am – 5 pm. Form can be photo-copied by family members only. The actual Aadhaar card would be issued in 2-3 months.
Where to check status of application submitted?
Please enter the receipt number and/ or date of registration at this link.
If you have misplaced your Aadhaar card?
You can easily download a fresh copy:
- Go to the government website or you can print online at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Make sure that Aadhaar Number (UID) is selected from the two options near the top of the screen.
- Type in your full name, as printed on the Aadhaar card.
- Type either the email address or phone number that you used to register for Aadhaar.
- Enter the characters you see in the image above Enter the Security Code.
- Click on ‘Get OTP’
- A one-time password will be sent to your email address or phone number, whichever you entered in the form
- Enter this password in the form next to Enter OTP. Click Verify OTP.
- Now you’ll receive your Aadhaar number on via SMS or email.
Linking your PAN card with Aadhaar card
Login at http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and select ‘link your PAN card and Aadhaar card’, from under Profile Settings under Main menu. Income Tax Department will validate your name, date of birth, gender as per PAN and Aadhaar Number with Centralized database of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). If the details do not match, the Aadhaar number will not be linked to your PAN.
After the completion of Aadhaar and PAN number linking process, you can e-verify your return if your mobile number is registered with UIDAI. Please be noted that once you linked your PAN number with Aadhaar card, you can not de-link it.
How to obtain LPG subsidy?
You have to link your Aadhaar number to your bank account and gas distributor, from this link http://www.MyLPG.in
Supreme Court order
Supreme Court has categorically stated that state and central governments cannot withhold any essential services to citizens like LPG subsidies, admission to schools, marriage certificate, opening bank accounts, salaries, PF disbursements, etc., if they do not have an Aadhaar (UID) card. The WP (Civil) was 494 of 2012 at Supreme Court of India.