- Won PIL, making IRDA implement Health Insurance Regulations that would help about 7 cr Indians who own health insurance policies, for annual claims of over Rs 15,000 cr.
- Won PIL against traffic police. Reduction of towing trucks in Mumbai from 130 to 65 and compensation for damage during towing; etc, 2006
- Won PIL for shifting 55 garbage trucks and its chowky from residential area, thus solving a 34 years old nuisance, 2014
- Won PIL against Maharashtra CM; DGP & Mumbai Police Commissioner for illegal extension of term, 2008
Railways work done:
- Successful implementation of the new suburban train time table at both Central Railway and Western Railway, based on changed demographics, 2017.
- Successfully coordinated efforts of 700+ volunteers to beautify King’s Circle station, 2014-17 (first-time in India a station has been adopted).
- Successfully coordinated efforts of 600+ volunteers to beautify Sion station, 2015-16
- Worked for beautification at Mahim and Reay Road stations, with the hlep of 250+ volunteers, 2016
- Smart card awareness campaigns conducted at 9 railway stations
- Following-up with railways for implementation of CBTC (advanced signalling system), which will reduce crowding in trains
- Successfully worked with Central Railway on completing boundary walls on both sides of the tracks, and this has reduced deaths, between CST and Thane stations. Currently working for harbour line and Western Railway.
This is the beautification we accomplished at King’s Circle station, due to the efforts of 700+ volunteers, since we started in December 2014 (links will open in FB):
- Clearing garbage and replacing with art, outside MTNL building, Brahmanwadi and SIES school
- Help of BMC to clean the FOB’s
- Lifting debris; fixing potholes AND strengthening FOB structure
- Plantation of over 200 saplings
- Getting the station premises cleaned on a daily basis and the Initial Clean-up.
- Installation of 30 street lights on the FOB’s (foot-over-bridges) – making it safer for commuters and making it easier for pedestrians to walk on the FOB.
- Signature campaign for cleanliness awareness by students of Amulakh Amichand school and Little Angel’s school
- Street play for need of tree plantation by SIES college students
- Putting informational posters and banners on cleanliness and safety
- Putting up a lot of dustbins with chains
Painting for a newer look:
- Art on the FOB
- Beautiful art, at end of Platform 2
- Beautiful Warli art, outside ticket window offices
- Decorative art on the wall outside platform 1 AND on the FOB (Foot-over-bridge)
- Murals on cement sheets by Aditya college and JJ College students
- Painting ticket window areas at platform 1 and platform 2
- Painting the grills outside platform 1 and on platform 1
- Painting of wall and cement sheets on platform 2
At Sion station, 600 volunteers contributing towards cleanliness work, since we started in September 2015:
Here is the work done at Sion station (links will open in FB):
- Replacing garbage with a garden
- Removal of debris
- New tiles & roof on Foot-over-bridges and paver blocks
- Removal of illegal posters
- Informational stickers applied
- Signature campaign by Vallabh Vidyalaya (English and Gujarati medium) and MP Bhuta school children
- Awareness campaign through street play
- Removal of cobwebs and spit stains
- Cleanliness by SIES college students (Sion East and Sion West campus)
Painting for a newer look:
- Warli art on the lower ticketing office wall
- Art work on platform 4
- Other art work
- Painting the upper ticket window area wall
- Painting the lower ticket window area
- Painting on the Foot-over-bridge
At Mahim station, about 150+ volunteers have contributed, since we started in February 2016.
Here are the details of work done at Mahim station (links will open in FB):
Efforts of about 100+ volunteers have made an impact, since we started in March 2016.
Here are the details of the work done at Reay Road station (links will open in FB):
Work done at other public places:
- Co-ordination with BMC, for beautification under the new Matunga flyover
- Co-ordination with MSRDC, for beautification under the Sion circle flyover
- Co-ordination with MMRDA, for beautification of Maheshwari Udyan
- Smart card awareness campaigns at Mahim, King’s Circle, Sion, Dadar, Byculla, Reay Road, Kurla, Ghatkopar, Wadala railway stations
- Art outside OPD building at Sion hospital
- Art at garbage chowky, Wadala
Environment and other area improvements
- Co-ordination with BMC for beautification of area under the new Matunga flyover, 2015
- Co-ordination with MMRDA for renovation of Maheshwari Udyan garden, 2011
- Co-ordination with MSRDC and MEP for beautification of area under the Sion circle flyover, 2013
- Successful Rainwater Harvesting at Avanti society since 2008
- Over 15,000 signature pledges of school and college children and railway commuters to keep our city clean, in 2010-16.
- Rehabilitation of slum dwellers and Pay-n-park at Flank Rd
- Co-ordination with MMRDA for a Sion station Skywalk, to help local school children
- Tree plantation drive at Matunga-Dadar and SNDT college, Matunga, 2011
- Garbage removal; nala and subway cleaning; Tree trimming at several locations
- Mahanagar piped gas lines in Matunga Brahmanwada area and Chandavarkar Rd areas
Civic work done:
- Running, since 2000, India’s first eGovernance site www.diehardindian.com, which gets every year, over 3.5 lakhs unique visitors and 40 lakh page views, AND has over 9,000 local members.
- Co-organizer of rallies in 2011, in support of Anna Hazare (India Against Corruption) in Matunga (1,500 and 400 attendance); Five gardens (400); Sion (700).
- Got over 14,000 pledges online against CM against implementation of LBT in Maharashtra
- UID (Aadhaar card) registration for over 6,200 local citizens
- Voter’s registration and Election Photo ID distribution for over 5,000 local citizens
Roads and footpaths re-surfacing AND traffic improvements
- Complete road re-surfacing of Flank Rd, Road 25, Road 24A, Bhaudaji x Rd 10, Sir Bhalchandra Rd, Rd 32, Rambaug Lane, Dinshaw Master Rd and parts of Dr BA Rd and pothole repairs at several locations.
- Savings of several crores of fuel costs with suggestions implemented by traffic police, for No-right turn at Priyadarshani-Suman Nagar junction; at RA Kidwai Rd divider towards Shanmukhananda hall; at Sion hospital during bridge construction; at Matunga CR station
- Complete footpath re-tiling at Nathalal Parekh Rd; Flank Rd; and certain Sion locations
- Got BMC to remove Hawking-zone notification from residential area footpaths of Bhaudaji Rd, and Ram Milan Shukla Marg, through 3-member SC appointed committee
- Aged 45 years. Staying with parents and wife, Jayshree and 2 children Ria and Shlok
- BE (Electronics), 1993. Merit ranked 7th in Mumbai University
- Diploma in Electronics (merit ranked 13th in Maharashtra state Board of Technical Education)
- Work history: Tata Unisys; UB group; self-employed since 1997 (USA resident from 1994-2002)
- Listed in ‘International Who is Who’ of Information Technology in USA