Our aim is to provide accurate information for our common civic problems, hence improve governance and reduce corruption:
Featured projects – We are India’s first NGO to get Railways approval to adopt a railway station, in December 2014. Over 1,600 volunteers have given their valuable time at the 4 stations that we have worked so far.
King’s Circle station is an ongoing project since December 2014, where we have two employed staff to undertake sweeping and gardening works on a daily basis. This is the beautification we accomplished at King’s Circle station, due to the efforts of 700+ volunteers, since we started (links will open in FB):
- Clearing garbage and replacing with art, outside MTNL building, Brahmanwadi and SIES school
- Help of BMC to clean the FOB’s
- Lifting debris; fixing potholes AND strengthening FOB structure
- Plantation of over 100 saplings
- Getting the station premises cleaned on a daily basis and the Initial Clean-up.
- Installation of 30 street lights on the FOB’s (foot-over-bridges) – making it safer for commuters and making it easier for pedestrians to walk on the FOB.
- Signature campaign for cleanliness awareness by students of Amulakh Amichand school and Little Angel’s school
- Putting informational posters and banners on cleanliness and safety
- Putting up a lot of dustbins with chains
Painting for a newer look:
- Art on the FOB
- Beautiful art, at end of Platform 2
- Beautiful Warli art, outside ticket window offices
- Decorative art on the wall outside platform 1 AND on the FOB (Foot-over-bridge)
- Murals on cement sheets by Aditya college and JJ College students
- Painting ticket window areas at platform 1 and platform 2
- Painting the grills outside platform 1 and on platform 1
- Painting of wall and cement sheets on platform 2